Monday, March 21, 2011

Real McCoy Burger and Pizza

I gave up on counting after my second experience since it seems like there will be many more to come and I probably can't count much higher than that. This is my first time at a real take out place with not a chair nor table in sight.  I've heard good things about this little joint, the Real McCoy in a ghetto plaza at Markham Rd/Ellesmere. I got the $5.95 MOJO burger - an 8oz fresh-never-frozen burger with cheese and fresh bacon.  I thought that the beef was juicy and the bun was tasty, but...ok you know what I'm just gonna write frand's review on this burger.
but I'm really happy for ya

A good 10% of the burger was burnt (which I guess was okay because this 8oz felt much more filling than other 8oz burgers), the bacon was 30% burnt, and the cheese was nowhere to be found. The sandwich artist put the condiments on the bottom bun instead of the top bun, to which frand frowns and explains that the meat should be on the bottom so that it hits your taste buds first. And that the poutine was very mediocre.  But I don't care for poutines.
my lettuce likes it on top

He also suggests that perhaps the charcoal burnt style of grilling is just not his preference (I'll show how to man the grill once it gets warmer). I'm looking forward to trying Burger's Priest, which I've heard uses a flat top and hopefully it reduces the risk of that burn problem. Nonetheless I personally like to think that the meat almost had it, since it was still juicy despite being burnt to a crisp on the sides. But its a no. Onwards we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment