Friday, March 11, 2011

First experience: Golden Star

I'm going to blog while the onion taste is still fresh in my mouth.  I'd hate to use the word overrated, since y'know, people and their confounding variables like "didnt get a good chef" or "wrong time of the day".  Whichever, I'm probably not going to go back for a little while even if I give them the benefit of the doubt, because it doesn't have potential to be my perfect burger.  
On the menu there were hamburger, cheeseburgers, etc.  Then I saw it: the "all-star homeburger." It had to be it.  


I swear the word "cheese" was in "allstar"

Where's my cheese??? Ok fine, perhaps $5.95 isn't so much where cheese is mandatory, but how can you name it allstar without cheese?  The reason why I say it doesn't have potential is because the patty was so unbalancingly wide and thin, making it unenjoyably difficult to eat.

I make my own words cuz I'm now a blogging hipsturrr who thinks I'm too cool

It wasn't "dry" but it was definitely overcooked.  It seems to me that whoever made it just left it sitting on the broiler until I ordered it, based on how charred it was and how quickly my burger got to me.  They made it faster than Harveys!  
Now, I'm not quite [yet] the burger connoisseur, but I do have a preference: THICK, MEATY, JUICY PATTY.  However, the patty seemed to have this subtle nice flavour to it along with their homemade bbq sauce.  Overall, I rate this burger as average as any old burger you find at Wimpys or something.  

P.S. I think tomatoes ruin my burgers.  Never again.

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ hipsturrs. do i count as a hipsturr since i always make up my own words? and it actually catches on? or should i say that i abuse the word to start calling it my own?

    ReplyDelete