Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chef Burger

So after deliberately hitting three big names in a row, I came across this sign in my little suburban (boonie) town and decided to give it a try.  You would not believe it- the man who made my burger (whom I presume is the owner) was an exact doppelganger of the little mascot on the sign.  Except he was brown.


making your sign look like yourself might work better if you're actually good looking

All the well-known, old-school burger places tend to be sort of... old, seatless, and "ghetto", and Chef Burger looks more like a coffee shop that grills burgers. Since I was going with Melissa, I figured she might feel more comfortable to not have to eat standing and not have to go somewhere that she'd be embarrassed to walk into.  This girl is into fashion and that weird stuff, so I made her my first burger model. 

burger and model, oh the irony.

To start things off, they use McCain fries and their idea of napkins are Royale tissue boxes at every table. I also felt like we were at Subway or hotdog stand as our topping choices included lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, and of course, cucumbers, olives, green peppers, parmesan cheese? Dressing choices were ketchup, mustard, relish, and.... wait for it.... Sriracha, aka the hot sauce for pho. 

Sriracha will one day realize that these guys are better friends than ketchup and mustard

As requested by Karla, I'll provide an in depth review no matter how shitty the burger is. We shared a 10oz "Super burger" which cost $10.99 with a can of coke and a dish of McCain fries.  The bun was dense and thick and cold.  The "homemade" patty was nothing to complain about, but smaller than the bun. It was messy and that expensive price doesn't even come with cheese nor bacon.  It was wishful thinking that I'd find gem in a hick town, when all I discovered was crap.  *sad face*

it sucked.





2 comments:

  1. yay I was mentioned on this post :D
    that's too bad, no gem for you. I should find some places for you to add on to your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay I was mentioned on this post :D
    that's too bad, no gem for you. I should find some places for you to add on to your list!

    ReplyDelete