Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bamburger

So after that disgusting, pitiful burger last friday, I decided I needed to drown out that taste with another burger asap.  Coincidentally, Tim messages me yesterday and suggests for me to go to Bamburger at Yonge/Eglinton.  I've seen it on blogto for best cheeseburgers, so I expected another older style burger joint. To our astonishment, it looked like this:

Am I in the right place?

It had such a nice ambiance that I wondered if I'm supposed to eat my burger with the knife and fork placed in front of me. When I first started this blog, I told myself I wouldn't critique the setting, but its too hard to resist.



pretty...

The menu had so many delicious choices of condiments and toppings but there's only so many you can get without doubling the price of your burger. I settled on classic cheese with sauteed onions on the bamburger and frand had the buttery mushrooms and brie on the bambamburger.  On the side, we got creamy horseradish, chipotle mayo, garlic mayo, curry, and mango chutney as per Tim's recommendation. But I didn't like the mango chutney.



ironically I wanted Indian food earlier in the day, but combining the two didn't work out

The bamburger was a satisfying 5.5oz at $7.95 while the bambamburger was an overwhelming 11oz at $11.50 before adding toppings. It comes with a side of fries which you can upgrade for salad, onion rings, or yam fries for $1.  Being lame as I am, I felt like eating a caesar salad for some reason... Yes I know, you don't win friends with salad. :(
Going back to the burger, the meat was juicy and thick, but the bun wasn't toasted. Surprisingly I didn't mind, because the patty was cooked at such a high temperature that the homemade bun got warm from the patty.

definitely deserves the bambam title

Usually brie cheese doesn't melt too well on a burger, but this time my friend, the brie oozed out. See, I normally give a more irrelevant review when the burger did not thrill me enough for a good review, but this one was just that great.  So great that I even got dessert, and I don't even like desserts much (except for souffles and ice cream). It was only $2.95 for this petit trio of brownie, sundae, and apple pie.  Such a good price for the perfect portion of sweets for my non-sweet tooth.

I can't believe I'm raving about dessert

Conclusion: Bamburger is definitely two thumbs up if you want to take your date to eat yummy burgers at a nice place.  But if you're poor and lonely- well you can still go, but I'd recommend Apache Burgers for now... until I find a cheaper and more delicious burger.





2 comments:

  1. 'the tower of babel' burger @ priest burger
    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/218021_10150144626995846_512105845_6997436_4255849_n.jpg

    Two grilled cheese sandwiches as the buns, two patties, deep fried portobello mushrooms, deep fried jalapeno peppers

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesss i'm looking forward to that one whenever i get a chance to go to the beaches! you tried???

    ReplyDelete