Sunday, April 17, 2011

Steer Inn Burgers

I really can't believe this is my first time at Steer Inn after 14 years of living in Richmond Hill. I imagine this place was built when everything around it was still farmland. This joint is right in my own backyard- it's literally a 7 minute walk from my house.
apparently my backyard is huge, thats how fresh my beef is


I was deciding between getting this or the third pounder from McD's since I still have yet to try it. We were having an intense game of Scrabble on a rainy Saturday evening when we decided to go for a wine and food run really quickly so that we can resume our game.
warning: playing Scrabble causes burger cravings

Irrelevancy aside, we parked in the empty lot of the ghetto joint passing by teenagers smoking up in their car.  Note to self: munchies food.  The old man taking our orders looks like he hates his job and the other old man who made our burgers told us that we're gonna become regulars. I got the $5.10 banquet burger, which was a wide 4oz thin patty with yummy bacon and too little cheese.  The buns that enclosed my beef was tasty but toasted to a little too hard for my liking, and there was too much of it.  
bun to beef ratio 3:2, needs to be the other way around

They had some homemade secret sauce which I couldn't distinguish whether it was the sauce that gave the flavour or the beef.  It was little saltier than other burgers I've had.  There was nothing special about it but it wasn't bad. Maybe next time I'll get the double cheeseburger instead to get a better bun to beef ratio.  Yes, I suppose there is a next time since it is incredibly nearby and it closes at 3am, perfect for post-drinking munchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment